Chicken With Olives
Another simple, Mediterranean-inspired Spanish-style chicken sauté with abundant rich sauce to mop up. Garlic, rosemary and green Spanish olives give this dish its delectable flavour, so only needs simple accompaniments. Remember to make plenty as it's even better the next day!
- 900g chicken thighs
- 1 large onion
- sliced 6-8 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 200g Farm Fresh Spanish Pitted Green Olives
- 200ml chicken stock
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Heat a large heavy-based pan of casserole over medium-high heat.
- 2 Season the chicken thighs all over with salt and pepper. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil to the pan and fry the chicken thighs skin-side down until golden brown, then turn over.
- 3 Once browned all over, carefully remove from the pan to a plate and reduce the heat to medium.
- 4 Add onions, garlic and rosemary, and fry until they start to colour. Sprinkle in the flour and cook for a minute, stirring constantly.
- 5 Add the stock and a good splash of lemon juice. Stir until there are no lumps. Put the chicken thighs back in the pan and simmer for a couple of minutes without the lid.
- 6 Add olives and plenty of black pepper, cover and simmer for about 20 minutes over medium-low heat.
- 7 Once the chicken is tender and the sauce acquires rich consistency, check the seasoning.
- 8 Serve with plenty of crusty bread of rice.